The Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation (BMCR) is the lead agency in developing regulations for medical and adult-use cannabis in California. BMCR is responsible for licensing retailers, distributors, testing labs and microbusinesses.

CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing, a branch office within the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), is developing regulations to license cultivators of medical and adult-use cannabis and implementing a track-and-trace system to record the movement of cannabis through the distribution chain. CalCannabis is responsible for licensing cultivators.

The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Office of Manufactured Cannabis Safety is responsible for regulating the manufacturers of cannabis-infused edibles for both medical and nonmedical use. They are responsible for licensing manufacturers.

We are not distributing or issuing licenses at this time. 

Applications for licenses will be available shortly after the Bureau has released their draft regulations for medicinal and adult-use cannabis, which are expected to arrive by fall 2017.