Bureau of Cannabis Control Announces Local Equity Grant Funding Recipients
SACRAMENTO – The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) announced today that it has awarded equity grant funding to local jurisdictions to be used for commercial cannabis equity programs that focus on inclusion and support of persons or communities that were negatively or disproportionately impacted by cannabis criminalization. Grant funds are to be used to provide assistance and services to local equity applicants and licensees.
The Bureau awarded a total of $10 million in equity grant funding to 10 local jurisdictions, as follows:
- City of Los Angeles – Awarded $1,834,156.38
- City of Oakland – Awarded $1,657,201.65
- County of Humboldt – Awarded $1,338,683.13
- City & County of San Francisco – Awarded $1,338,683.13
- City of Sacramento Awarded – $1,197,119.34
- City of Long Beach Awarded – $913,991.77
- City of San Jose Awarded $560,082.30
- County of Santa Cruz Awarded – $560,082.30
- City of Coachella Awarded – $500,000.00
- City of Palm Springs Awarded – $100,000.00
The equity grant funding is authorized by the California Cannabis Equity Act of 2018 established by Senate Bill 1294 (Bradford 2018) and the Budget Act of 2019, Item 1111-490 – Reappropriation.
All qualifying local jurisdiction applicants that met the criteria and requirements for grant funding received a minimum grant of $100,000. Fund awards were determined based on the program guidelines up to the amount requested by the local jurisdiction. The guidelines can be found at https://www.bcc.ca.gov/about_us/documents/equity_grant_guidelines_2019.pdf.
To subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available, please visit the Bureau’s website at http://www.bcc.ca.gov/. For information on all three state cannabis licensing authorities, please visit the state’s California Cannabis Portal at https://cannabis.ca.gov/. Follow the Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily news and updates.
Those looking to get in touch with the Bureau of Cannabis Control may contact us directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.