Meetings & Events Archive
CalCannabis Appellations Project Public Workshops
The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division will hold six public workshops throughout California in September to solicit input on establishing a framework for the CalCannabis Appellations Project. CDFA is required to develop a process allowing licensed cultivators to establish appellations of standards, practices, and varietals applicable to cannabis grown in a certain geographical area in California. The purpose of this first round of workshops is to get input from cultivators and other stakeholders on how the cannabis appellations process should be developed.
Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Workshop Dates and Locations:
- September 10, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482
- September 12, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sequoia Conference Center, 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
- September 19, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. California Department of Food and Agriculture, Auditorium, 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- September 24, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. University of California, Riverside, Palm Desert Center, Building B114-B117, 75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92211
- September 25, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Embassy Suites by Hilton, South Jalama Room, 1117 N H St, Lompoc, CA 93436
- September 26, 2018, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monterey Conference Center, Colton Room, 1 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
For more information on CDFA’s CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing’s Appellations Project, or to sign up for email alerts for updates as they become available, please visit the CalCannabis website.
Public Hearings on Proposed Non-Emergency Regulations
On July 13, 2018, California’s three state cannabis licensing authorities announced the publication of proposed regulations in the California Regulatory Notice Register, the first step toward adopting non-emergency regulations. This publication was the start of the formal rulemaking process and marked the opening of the 45-day public comment period.
Each licensing authority’s proposed non-emergency regulations and rulemaking documents have been posted to California’s Cannabis Portal and can be viewed by clicking the following link: /cannabis-regulations/
Public comments on the proposed regulations will be accepted in writing and during public hearings held throughout the state by each of the three licensing authorities on their respective proposed regulations. Dates and locations for each agency’s public comment hearings, including documents with instructions on how to submit written comments, are listed below.
Bureau of Cannabis Control Hearing Dates and Locations:
- August 7, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Hilton Oakland Airport, One Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA 94621
- August 14, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- August 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Get Involved in the Regulatory Process: /wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/07/How-To-Get-Involved-in-the-Regulatory-Process.pdf
California Department of Public Health Hearing Dates and Locations:
- July 30, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 900 E. Birch Street, Valencia Room, Brea, CA 92821
- August 20, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
- August 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 8400 Edes Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621
Instructions on Submitting Public Comment: www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb/rulemaking
California Department of Food & Agriculture Hearing Dates and Locations:
- July 24, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Adorni Center, 1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka, CA 95501
- July 26, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501
- July 31, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hilton Santa Barbara, 633 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- August 28, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. California Department of Food & Agriculture, Auditorium, 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Submit Your Comments: /wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/07/CDFA-How-to-Submit-Your-Comments.pdf
Public Licensing Workshops
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) will host five public licensing workshops in January and February. The workshops will focus on what licensing information is needed and what resources are available for people planning to apply for state commercial cannabis licenses. The Bureau will be joined by other state and local agencies at each licensing workshop. The workshop schedule will include a brief overview and then transition to an open house where people can obtain information from and ask questions of different state and local agencies. The workshops are free and do not require registration to attend.
- January 22, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Monterey Conference Center, 1 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
- January 25, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Marriott Irvine, 18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92612
- January 26, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Town & Country Convention Center, 500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108
- February 1, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- March 1, 2018 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482
CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Workshops
The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division will host seven public workshops throughout California starting in late March. CDFA will provide guidance on how to complete the annual cannabis cultivation license application, including information on business-entity structure documentation, bond forms, criminal history, fees, local-authorization documents, and diagram requirements.
The workshops will be in an open-house format to allow participants the opportunity to ask questions about their individual applications. CalCannabis will be joined by staff from the State Water Resources Control Board and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. All workshops are scheduled from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., except the Weaverville location, which is from noon to 3 p.m. The workshops are free and pre-registration is not required. The dates and locations include:
- March 27, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Riverside County, University of California, Riverside, Palm Desert Center, 75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Palm Desert 92211
- March 28, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Santa Barbara County, Santa Barbara Veterans’ Memorial Building, 112 West Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara 93101
- March 29, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Monterey County, California State University, Monterey Bay, at Salinas City Center, 1 Main Street, Salinas 93901
- April 2, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Yolo County, West Sacramento Galleria, 1110 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento 95691
- April 4, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Mendocino County, Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah 95482
- April 5, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Humboldt County, River Lodge Conference Center, 1800 Riverwalk Drive, Fortuna 95540
- April 6, 2018 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.—Trinity County, Veterans’ Memorial Hall, 103 Memorial Drive, Weaverville 96093
Cannabis Advisory Committee Meetings
On October 4, 2017, the Department of Consumer Affairs announced the members of the state’s new Cannabis Advisory Committee under the Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC).
The committee will advise BCC and the other licensing authorities – the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Public Health – on the development of regulations that help protect public health and safety and reduce the illegal market for cannabis. Committee members serve at the pleasure of the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs. Members will not be paid, but will be reimbursed for any necessary travel to approved advisory committee meetings.
- February 13, 2018 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sheraton Grand, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- March 1, 2018 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sheraton Grand, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- March 15, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
- May 17, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Oakland, CA
- July 19, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. San Diego, CA