Meetings & Events
What Meetings & Events Can I Attend?
The Bureau of Cannabis Control, CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing, Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch and other state agencies regularly schedule meetings, workshops, public hearings, and other events for those interested in becoming involved in California’s regulated cannabis industry. Public attendance is welcomed at these events. Details for these events, including dates and times, are listed below. Click here for an archived list of previous meetings and events that have already taken place.
Public Hearings on Proposed Non-Emergency Regulations
On July 13, 2018, California’s three state cannabis licensing authorities announced the publication of proposed regulations in the California Regulatory Notice Register, the first step toward adopting non-emergency regulations. This publication is the start of the formal rulemaking process and marks the opening of the 45-day public comment period.
Each licensing authority’s proposed non-emergency regulations and rulemaking documents have been posted to California’s Cannabis Portal and can be viewed by clicking the following link: https://cannabis.ca.gov/cannabis-regulations/
Public comments on the proposed regulations will be accepted in writing and during public hearings held throughout the state by each of the three licensing authorities on their respective proposed regulations. Dates and locations for each agency’s public comment hearings, including documents with instructions on how to submit written comments, are listed below.
Bureau of Cannabis Control Hearing Dates and Locations:
- August 7, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Hilton Oakland Airport, One Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA 94621
- August 14, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- August 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Get Involved in the Regulatory Process: https://cannabis.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/07/How-To-Get-Involved-in-the-Regulatory-Process.pdf
California Department of Public Health Hearing Dates and Locations:
- July 30, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 900 E. Birch Street, Valencia Room, Brea, CA 92821
- August 20, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
- August 27, 2018, 10:00 a.m. 8400 Edes Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621
Instructions on Submitting Public Comment: www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb/rulemaking
California Department of Food & Agriculture Hearing Dates and Locations:
- July 24, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Adorni Center, 1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka, CA 95501
- July 26, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501
- July 31, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Hilton Santa Barbara, 633 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- August 28, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. California Department of Food & Agriculture, Auditorium, 1220 N Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Submit Your Comments: https://cannabis.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/07/CDFA-How-to-Submit-Your-Comments.pdf
Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Workshops
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) will host four workshops throughout Northern California focusing on permit requirements and processing. State Water Board and CDFW staff will be onsite to answer your project-specific questions. They will also have computers onsite to help setup your online account and apply for your water quality permits and water rights.
State Water Board and CDFW staff will provide a brief presentation of their cannabis programs including: (1) Cannabis Policy, which establishes the requirements for the Cannabis Cultivation Regulatory Program; (2) Cannabis General Order (water quality permit); (3) Cannabis Small Irrigation Use Registration, which is a streamlined option to obtain a water right to divert and store surface water for commercial cannabis crops; and (4) CDFW’s Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement for Cannabis.
The primary focus will be answering questions and providing technical assistance with State Water Board and CDFW permit applications. Registration is not required for these events. Please see this flier for details.
Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Workshop Dates and Locations:
- August 21, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 103 Memorial Drive, Weaverville, CA 96093
- August 29, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 1800 Riverwalk Drive, Fortuna, CA 95540
- August 30, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 59 Rusk Lane, Redway, CA 95560
- September 5, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 200 S School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482
State Water Board website: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/
CDFW website: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/conservation/cannabis