The Bureau of Cannabis Control, CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing, Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch and other state agencies regularly schedule meetings, workshops, and hearings for those interested in becoming involved in California’s regulated cannabis industry. Public attendance is welcomed at these meetings. Details for each of the following events listed below can also be found on the California Cannabis Portal event calendar on the home page.
CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Workshops:
The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division will host seven public workshops throughout California starting in late March. CDFA will provide guidance on how to complete the annual cannabis cultivation license application, including information on business-entity structure documentation, bond forms, criminal history, fees, local-authorization documents, and diagram requirements.
The workshops will be in an open-house format to allow participants the opportunity to ask questions about their individual applications. CalCannabis will be joined by staff from the State Water Resources Control Board and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. All workshops are scheduled from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., except the Weaverville location, which is from noon to 3 p.m. The workshops are free and pre-registration is not required. The dates and locations include:
- March 27, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Riverside County, University of California, Riverside, Palm Desert Center, 75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Palm Desert 92211
- March 28, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Santa Barbara County, Santa Barbara Veterans’ Memorial Building, 112 West Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara 93101
- March 29, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Monterey County, California State University, Monterey Bay, at Salinas City Center, 1 Main Street, Salinas 93901
- April 2, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Yolo County, West Sacramento Galleria, 1110 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento 95691
- April 4, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Mendocino County, Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah 95482
- April 5, 2018 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.—Humboldt County, River Lodge Conference Center, 1800 Riverwalk Drive, Fortuna 95540
- April 6, 2018 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.—Trinity County, Veterans’ Memorial Hall, 103 Memorial Drive, Weaverville 96093
Cannabis Advisory Committee Meetings:
On October 4, 2017, the Department of Consumer Affairs announced the members of the state’s new Cannabis Advisory Committee under the Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC).
The committee will advise BCC and the other licensing authorities – the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Public Health – on the development of regulations that help protect public health and safety and reduce the illegal market for cannabis. Committee members serve at the pleasure of the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs. Members will not be paid, but will be reimbursed for any necessary travel to approved advisory committee meetings.
- February 13, 2018 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sheraton Grand, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- March 1, 2018 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Sheraton Grand, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- March 15, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
- May 17, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Oakland, CA
- July 19, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. San Diego, CA
- September 20, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Humboldt County, CA
- November 8, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fresno, CA
Public Licensing Workshops:
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) will host four public licensing workshops in January and February. The workshops will focus on what licensing information is needed and what resources are available for people planning to apply for state commercial cannabis licenses. The Bureau will be joined by other state and local agencies at each licensing workshop. The workshop schedule will include a brief overview and then transition to an open house where people can obtain information from and ask questions of different state and local agencies. The workshops are free and do not require registration to attend.
- January 22, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Monterey Conference Center, 1 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
- January 25, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Marriott Irvine, 18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92612
- January 26, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Town & Country Convention Center, 500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108
- February 1, 2018 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- March 1, 2018 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Ukiah Valley Conference Center, 200 South School Street, Ukiah, CA 95482