Skip to content
2017 announcements

CDFA Now Accepting Temporary Cannabis Licensing Applications

The California Department of Food and Agriculture’s CalCannabis program has officially launched its online licensing system and is now accepting applications for temporary commercial cannabis licenses for cultivators, nurseries and processors. The link to the online licensing system can be accessed here.

The online system allows applicants to easily apply for a temporary commercial cannabis license. The program is not currently accepting applications for annual licenses but will in the near future. Temporary licenses issued by CDFA will be good for 120 days, with the possibility of extensions if the process of approving permanent licenses warrants them.

New users will be required to register for an account within the online licensing system prior to applying for a temporary license. CDFA intends to start issuing temporary licenses effective January 1, 2018. No temporary license will be effective prior to this date. Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or other authorization from their local jurisdiction.

The CDFA’s emergency regulations are now in effect and the final text can be found here.

If you have additional questions, you may call our Technical Support Service Center at 1-833-CAL-GROW, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST), except state holidays or via email at