Cannabis retailers sell cannabis goods through storefront shops (dispensaries) or delivery.
Businesses need a retail license to sell cannabis goods. The type of retail license they need depends on if they have a store that customers visit in person.
Hours of operation
Retailers can sell cannabis goods between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Your city or county can set more restrictive hours. This means:
- An in-store sales transaction must be finished by 10:00 p.m.
- Delivery drivers must return to the retail premises no later than 10:00 p.m.
Customer age verification
Cannabis can only be purchased by:
- Adult-use customers age 21 and older
- Medicinal patients age 18 or older with a physician’s recommendation
Retailers must verify the age of their customers by checking their ID. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Government-issued photo ID card, such as a driver’s license
- Military photo ID card
What retailers can sell
Cannabis retailers can only sell:
- Cannabis goods that have passed testing and quality assurance review, such as:
- Packaged flower
- Cannabis accessories, such as:
- Rolling paper
- Vape cartridge batteries
- Branded merchandise for a licensed business