Resources for California’s cannabis license holders, all in one place
CannaConnect is the Department of Cannabis Control’s (DCC’s) newest resource to connect California’s cannabis license holders to the tools they need to thrive in the state’s legal cannabis market. CannaConnect is aimed at helping license holders navigate the state’s regulated cannabis market and maintain compliance.
This page will be updated frequently. Be sure to check back for the latest resources.
Applying for a license
View more application forms and resources by license type.
Transitioning from a provisional to annual license
- Provisional license requirements
- Key dates for provisional licenses
- Understanding CEQA review for cannabis businesses
Preparing for an inspection
Learn more about compliance with state law.
Using Track and Trace
Learn more about using the track and trace system.
Requirements for cannabis goods
- Packaging checklist
- Guide to child-resistant packaging
- Labeling checklist for nonmanufactured cannabis products
- Labeling checklist for manufactured cannabis products
- Download the universal symbol that must be included on your label: JPG, PNG, PDF
Learn more about requirements for cannabis goods.
How to notify DCC of changes to your business
Use the Notification and Request Form to update your license or request a license change. There are two versions of the form, depending on your license type:
If you are making a change that does not involve your license application, use the Notification and Request for Regulatory Compliance, Form 28 (DCC-LIC-028).
Operating a safe workplace
Learn about Cal/OSHA requirements for businesses, including:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Occupational health and safety regulations that may apply to cannabis businesses
- Cal/OSHA 30-hour general industry training requirement
Learn more about DCC
DCC was formed by consolidating three state cannabis programs into a new standalone department. Learn more about the consolidation and goals for DCC. Learn more about DCC’s role in regulating commercial cannabis activity in California.
Connect with us
Join our email list to receive compliance updates, the latest CannaConnect materials, and more.