State laws related to cultivation licenses are changing. Effective January 1, 2023, the Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) is accepting:
- Applications for Large cultivation licenses.
- Requests to convert other cultivation licenses into a Large or Medium cultivation license.
If you hold a Large cultivation license (including as an owner or financial interest holder), you may not hold any of the following licenses (including as an owner or financial interest holder):
- Type 8 (Testing Laboratory)
- Type 11 (Distribution)
- Type 12 (Microbusiness)
Additionally, effective January 1, 2023, DCC cannot renew a provisional cultivation license if doing so would result in a licensee holding multiple provisional cultivation licenses on contiguous premises that exceed either of the following limits:
- For Outdoor cultivation licenses: 1 acre
- For Indoor or Mixed-light cultivation licenses: 22,000 square feet
Finally, effective January 1, 2023, a licensee or owner may hold more than one Medium cultivation license.
The following resources are available on our website at www.cannabis.ca.gov or click on the links below to go directly to each resource.
- Approved text of regulations
- Conversion guidance document
- Checklist to help you prepare your required information and documents
- Licensing system guidance document – New!
- Instructional video on how to apply online – New!
If you need assistance with your conversion request, please email email@example.com. If you need information regarding inventory reconciliation procedures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.